Friday 16 November 2012

Foggy evening on Al. Szucha

I had been hoping to leave the office earlier than I did this evening... As I was closing my laptop, it informed me that it would be installing Microsoft Windows updates - all 12 of them - before it would let me shut down for the weekend. This took a whole 20 minutes. While I was waiting for this to happen, I popped out onto the balcony with my camera to take some snaps of the foggy evening outside.

Below: looking across Al. Szucha towards Pl. Unii Lubelskiej.


Below: looking along Al. Szucha towards Pl. Na Rozdrożu. The benefits of VR (vibration reduction) are visible here - these long exposures were taken without a tripod.


Below: a shot right across the road, looking at the palace of Baron Szuch (the building in the middle with the columns).


Below: a peek out of the window on the other side of our office into the partially dilapidated courtyard (the un-plastered tenements look out over ul. Marszałkowska).


Below: the computer finally finishes installing the updates and I can finally go home. Pl. Unii Lubelskiej from street level. I must say - of the ten different addresses at which I've worked in Warsaw, this is by far and away the grandest. It's good to be here!


My first ever post on 16 November!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice pictures. Try setting a Tungsten white balance on them though, auto doesn't cope well with artificial lighting :)

Michael Dembinski said...

I don't know - I quite like that sharp, tangerine tang to the light! :)