Monday 21 December 2009

Evening photography, Powiśle

You can find a tripod anywhere if you look. Above: View along ul. Rozbrat taken from the top of a parking meter (with the snow brushed off first). Half-second exposure. Below: office building on ul. Kruczkowskiego, taken from top of fence, one second exposure. Both too long to hand-hold, even with vibration reduction lens (an eighth is the longest I can get away with with lens zoomed out to 18mm).

Although I use the generic term 'Powiśle' for the part of Warsaw where I work, strictly speaking it should really be Solec, being the part of Powiśle south of the main railway bridge. A part of Warsaw that's quite magical to me.

Weather warming up - from a frosty -14C this morning to a mere -2C while I was returning home this evening.

No comments: