Thursday 14 August 2008

Spectacular sunrise

Haven't seen one of these for a while! I was woken up by the roar of a very early charter flight landing over our house just before five am. I looked out of the window to see a beautiful sunrise developing, so I grabbed the camera and raced into the garden. The photo above is a panorama consisting of four vertical frames stitched together (hence the fish-eye effect); this was the only way I could capture the full splendour of the sunrise. Click on photo to enlarge.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great picture Michael. I awoke to the same albeit about 4km east south east of you. I looked, thought of waking my wife and then went back to sleep. I envy your ability to jump out to the yard to 'get the shot'!

Bob

Aphelion said...

Loved the sunrise and the rainbow - great pictures indeed!

Anonymous said...

Red sky at night shepherds delight,
Red sky in morning shepherd take WARNING!

Anonymous said...

One of the reasons why I love Poland and the Continent...magnificent.