Friday 26 September 2008

Cleaning Rondo 1

My favourite modern building in Warsaw, Rondo 1, is getting a clean from the outside. Window cleaning in Britain is associated with George Formby or Robin Asquith, but this is somewhat more serious. Rondo 1 is 40 stories high; these guys require the skills of commandos or alpinists to do this job; not for the faint-hearted. I recently heard of a lady who worked in this building; she had a good job with a large law firm, but she couldn't stand the building - vertigo, lifts that left your stomach on the ground floor; she's now working for another international law firm, though one with offices nearer street level.

1 comment:

Gabriela said...

I've never been in a 40 story building, but I start to get anxious when I'm above the 10th floor. I guess that's because Lima and earth tremors are old acquaintances, and you never get used to them. So I totally understand that lady you mention.
Best regards from Peru!