Thursday 19 September 2019

Spectacularly glorious day, Ealing

The Brentham Garden Suburb looks amazing on such a day. Below: corner of Neville Road and Brunswick Road. [It seems I've taken a photo of these very houses before.]


Below: Meadvale Road


The extreme end of my 70-300mm zoom captures some detail on an RAF Puma HC2 helicopter on its way to Northolt Airport.


The alley round the back of Brunswick Road and the gate to the Brent River Park footpath, below. Looks rural, but as I took this photo, I could hear a Central Line train rushing westwards towards Ruislip.


Across the A40 Western Avenue, that mighty river of motorised metal that divides Alperton and Perivale from Ealing. Below: the entrance to the pedestrian subway on north side of the A40


Only a mile and half from my father's house, and yet not only have I never been here before - I never knew of its existence, despite commuting in via Hanger Lane tube station for several years. Below: this is the footpath in the island in the middle of the Hanger Lane Gyratory System, accessible from the north side of the A40. In the late 1980s, I'd cycle from Perivale to Hanger Lane, leave my bike in the bike shed here, and go into town on the Central Line from Zone 3 (Perivale being Zone 4). And yet I knew not what lay just beyond my regular route.


Below: corner of Dennison Road and Pitshanger Lane. The sky remains cloudless.


Below: lengthening shadows, Cleveland Park. Twilight soon.


This time three years ago:
Evolution, the future and us

This time five years ago:
Relief as Scots vote to remain in UK

This time six years ago:
The S2 opens all the way to Puławska

This time seven years ago:

This time eight years ago:
Push-pull for Mazowsze

This time nine years ago:
Okęcie runway repairs are complete

This time 11 years ago:
I know that painting from somewhere...

This time 12 years ago:
The March of Progress, ul. Postępu

No comments: