Monday 15 March 2010

On a day like today

No eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn*. On a day like today, granted to us as a gift to our souls by the Almighty, it behoves one to make the most of it. So I walk to Platan Park for my morning meeting, giving myself a full hour and a quarter for the five-and-half kilometre journey. Enjoy.







Above and right: No commentary needed; just stunning beauty of winter on ul. Trombity this morning. The snow on the wires against the crystal blue sky makes it for me.

Below: ul. Poloneza all the way from ul. Jeziorki to the junction of ul. Poleczki (bottom).

I must say I much prefer days like this to high summer - so much more bracing!



I apologise to no one for using a polarising filter to accentuate the contrast between snow and sky - after all, wearing polarising sunglasses, this is what the scenes looked like to me.

* Jim Morrison of The Doors, The Wasp (Texas Radio and the Big Beat)

5 comments:

KG said...

Michael. Really nice photo session. I love rural landscapes of "Zielony Ursynów" less than 8 miles from the city center.

Marcin said...

Michael,

this is a set of marvellous pics as always done by you. I begin to incline myself to think, that you have something common with a professional photography. Your photographic arts are something more than hobby works. This set proves such a concept. So, how's that?

Rgds.

Michael Dembinski said...

Thanks Marcin for your kind words -this is pure hobby for me - the only pics I take professionally are of business people and politicians (and then only infrequently). I've been taking photos trying to capture Spirit of Place since the early 1980s; 30 years experience helps!

inwestor said...

Yes, winter strikes again, but it's not so bad as it was. Moreover, it should be warmer in the weekend.

student SGH said...

no one accepts your apologies.

In earnest - beautiful pics, those sights of snow-covered suburb probably were probably the last this winter. I sense it's over soon.