Friday 12 November 2010

Setting sun in the mountains

After descending Mogilica, we drive to Mszana Dolna. I need to buy an SD card reader (I left mine at home, and without it, I cannot upload my pics to the blog). Next door to the computer shop is a Tesco - and yes, they have (or rather had) these excellent Chilean and Australian red wines I've been raving about. At 8.35 and 7.99 złotys a bottle, too good to ignore; I'm stockpiling these bottles, buying them wherever they appear. (Back in Dobra, with our hosts and other guests, we compare these wines and they stand up extremely well against wines costing more than double.)

The drive into Mszana Dolna takes us over the pass at Gruszowiec; we're in for a spectacular sunset. Below: Between Kasina Wielka and Mszana D. A photo that captures the essence of The Road; the DK28. From Gruszowiec, one can put the car into neutral and roll all the way, a full 9 kilometres, into Mszana D on 'Aberdonian overdrive', as British wags put it. (Aberdonians being legendary for their tight wallets.)

Below: returning to Dobra over Gruszowiec pass once again; I pulled over to the side of the highway to catch the klimat.

No comments: