Monday 3 October 2011

Mobile and intelligent

Left: I am a sentient being, moving intelligently across the face of the Earth, aware of the changing seasons, breathing in the scents of the forest floor, feeling the cool autumn morning on my skin. My awareness is tingling with the excitement of being alive, I'm acutely conscious of my place upon the planet, and my planet's place in the grander scheme of things. My journey to work, through the Las Kabacki forest; and on along the cyclepaths of Ursynów to Dolina Służewiecka. A beautiful ride, so good for the heart and the soul.

Below: I am snarling, frustrated; I have the power of 177 horses at my command, four driven wheels, leather seats, air conditioning, darkened rear windows and a fully featured in-car entertainment. Yet tonight I cannot move any faster than a pedestrian. And I am still 15km from home. Ul. Puławska, solid, all the way to Piaseczno. But that's not me. I'm on my bike; I can nip through this seething mass of motorised frustration. And they hate me for it.

This time last year:
Unadopted

No comments: