Friday 29 May 2020

Sunset's trip

As the world turns at the edge of night... a sunset stroll around my other manor - Jakubowizna. 


Ain't that something? Look at the size of the sky... takes me elsewhere. Didn't have this in West London.


Extinguished flame, the globe's horizon has spun back, leaving traces of fire under the clouds sweeping down inexorably from the north. 


The sun has set; it's getting dark. Your journey lies ahead - you must enter the forest. Atavistic fears well up inside - fears of brigandry, wild animals - and supernatural creatures too...? European travellers in the Middle Ages would have known such fears. Today, I can enter this forest fearlessly; I know it holds no terrors by day, nor by night.

Below: safely back to my działka, my first night's sleep here awaits me now.


This time six years ago

This time nine years ago:
How I almost saved Barrack Obama

This time 11 years ago:
Some anniversaries missed

This time 13 years ago:
Hissing of the summer lawns

No comments: