Sunday 21 April 2019

Easter in Ealing

It's Easter, and hot. While blogging, I've experienced snow on Easter Sunday in 2013 (31 March, Poland) and in 2008 (23 March, England), but never 24C.

Below: St Mary's Church, Perivale, from the footbridge over the River Brent.


Left: blossom on Cleveland Road; massive, heavy flowers fill the sagging tree; a spectacular sight set against an absolutely cloudless blue sky and strong early afternoon sunlight.

Below: the water meadows of the River Brent at Perivale, part of the golf course, prone to flooding, so left fallow. But I feel once more I am in old Kentucky.

Below: lower end of Cleveland Park, towards Scotch Common. That verdure. Those blue skies. Perfection. I have waited all summer, all autumn, all winter for this moment.


Left: Pitshanger Park, a tree in blossom within a municipal setting; waste bin, bench, railings, all painted Corporation Green; the timelessness of Edwardian Ealing I sense.

I've said this before - days like this in Ealing I don't remember from my youth; days were cloudier then (the summer of 1976 excepted). Prolonged blue-sky periods were far rarer than they are now. Climate change is real - it's a part of our reality. Pleasant though it be to experience hot days in April, it worries me.

As it's Easter, here's Mott the Hoople to Roll Away The Stone (sha-la-la-la push-push). From 1973, when I was 16.




This time three years ago:
WiFi works on Polish train shock

This time four years ago:
My dream camera, just around the corner
[No, the Nikon Z6/Z7 don't make the grade]

This time six year ago:
Longer, lighter lens

This time seven years ago:
New engine on the coal train 

This time eight years ago
High time to leave the car at home

This time nine years ago:
The answer to urban commuting

This time 12 years ago:
Far away across the fields

No comments: