Thursday 11 April 2024

Early blossom, Jakubowizna

A hot and early spring this year; no surprise then, that that blossom is already out, nearly three weeks earlier than last year! With perfect skies, I rushed to get all my work done before closing my laptop and going for a walk.

Below: part of my front garden (the orchard side). Forget-me-nots coming up nicely, as are the dandelions. I hope for a better apple harvest than last year.


Below: one of my two cherry trees, heavy with blossom. 


Below: stunningly beautiful under a perfectly cloudless sky, cherries blossom before apples, and fruit far earlier.


Below: my walk takes me mostly between orchards today, to make the most the visual splendour. Out through Adamów Rososki and Machcin, back through Nowe Grobice and Jakubowizna. The perfume of flowers is rich and from time to time, the scent is like walking in the wake of an elegant woman.


Below: a young apple orchard, Machcin. Note the protection around the saplings, to stop deer from nibbling at them.


Below: on the way back, the sun is starting to approach the horizon, sunlight streaming through the blossom. Adamów Rososki.


Below: local state forest, noticeably thinner for all of the logging carried out by the previous government. I expect more responsible use of natural resources now.


Below: eight minutes walk from home, another cherry orchard, Jakubowizna.


Below: field between two orchards, Jakubowizna. Bright yellow from dandelions.


Bonus shot from yesterday, when I walked from home to Krężel station, and caught a train back to Chynów from there. This is a southbound train headed for Radom Główny.


This time six years ago:
Ealing under blue skies

This time ten years ago:
Wes Anderson's Grand Budapest Hotel

This time 11 years ago:
Warsaw 1935: a 3D depiction of a city that's no longer with us

This time 12 years ago:
Cats and awareness

This time 13 years ago:
Why did this happen?

This time 16 years ago:
Britain's grey squirrels turning red

No comments: