Sunday 1 March 2009

Work progresses on Europe's crossroad

Standing atop a huge mound of earth piled up besides where the junction of the S79 with the S2 and S7 will be, I take five portrait-format photos which I've stitched together to form a panorama covering more than 180 degrees. To the left - Berlin. To the right - Moscow. Ahead - Gdańsk. Behind me, to the south, Kraków and Budapest. It's worth clicking on the pic for details - it's a big file. Just to left of centre is Okęcie airport. On ul. Puławska, work has already begun clearing trees and summerhouses between the road and this point. I wonder how long it will be before I can drive from my house to here (4.5km/3miles), get onto the S2 and drive to the the English Channel along motorways

1 comment:

Aphelion said...

Truly an interesting picture - and I think I know what inspired you when you picked that file name! :-) Love the other pictures as well, especially the reeds - those are wonderful!